It can be tricky choosing the right size lampshade for a lamp base. To make things easier here is our rough guide to go by.
What size lampshade do I need for table lamps?
- Measure the height of your lamp base from the base to the bottom of the rod (do not include the rod and the bulb holder in the measurement).
- The width of your lampshade should be equal to the height of your lamp base.
- If your lamp is between two sizes of lampshade, choose the larger shade. That way you will get a better diffusion of light and proportionally this works better.
- Your lampshade should always be bigger than the widest point of your base.
Our largest shades will also work for floor lamps. To find the right size shade for floor lamps –
- Measure the height of your lamp base from the bottom to the top of the bulb rod.
- Divide the height by four
- Your shade should measure approximately one quarter of the height of the base.
- If you will be placing your floor lamp near furniture then you can go down a size to prevent the room feeling overcrowded.
Our shades can also be used for ceiling lights using a spider converter.
Remember, if you need any help deciding which size shade to choose then you can get in touch via email and we will provide a free consultation service.